Saturday, January 31, 2009

G&L Magic: A Dealer with Integrity

"Wow!" That's all I can say is "Wow!" I love it when a
magic dealer exceeds my expectations. Given the sad state of
the magic resale business, it's so unusual when you come
across someone with integrity and who over-delivers. Let me
explain.

Last month I bid and won a combination of a side table with
Viking base and a gravity box from G&L Magic on eBay. I have
purchased some of their tables in the past and always
thought they looked great and offered great value when you
consider the cost of the base to begin with. Greg (the G of
G&L) also produces many different props and sells used and
new magic. He usually bundles custom made props and tables
with packaged goods, and you can frequently get a bundle of
good stuff for a great price.

Well, when my stuff arrived, I liked the table and base but
I did not want the gravity box. I already invested in a
really expensive one last year and thought I would just
resell the new box. Unfortunately, it did not work, so I asked
him if I could return it and if I could get another table
top. He said no problem.

A few weeks went by and yesterday I received a huge box.
Surely this was more than a table? It was! It was a new
table PLUS a new base (so now I have a matching pair of
custom made side tables) PLUS he sent me four other tricks
"for my trouble". These four other bonuses easily added up
to $100.00 worth of props and included:

- A One Way Forcing Deck
- Gilligan's Prediction
- Impossible Card in Bottle
- Mikame's Mystery Key Holder

I was and am still amazed by the stuff he sent me with my
table. I just expected a table top not another base! Plus
all this stuff including a Mikame collectible magic. So now
you know why I am saying "Wow".

I have only played with the Mikame effect and it has become
my new favorite toy. It looks so good and it fools me when I
look at in the mirror. I am astounded by how cleverly made
this prop is.

It reminds me of the fun I had when Tenyo first came out
with the Zig Zag Cigarette back in the 1970s. I saw it and
was fooled immediately and even when I bought it, the
illusion was so good I fooled myself for hours on end. Same
thing with the Mystery Key Holder. If you are looking for
something new to add to your close-up or stand-up act then
this would be it. Golly. It is amazingly made. Don't think
twice. Trust me.

Don't forget, search on eBay for G&L Magic. Here's his
current offerings:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/magidaddy_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR9QQ_mdoZQQ_sopZ1

Until next time,


Steven