Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy 50th Birthday to me!

Good morning magic fans. Got some new toys on Friday. Still
getting late 50th birthday presents to myself.
Didn't get one from you, though? Have something you want
reviewed? Send it to me and I will share it with others
through my newsletter and my MagicReviews.com web site.

This week I received the biography of John Calvert and I am
excited. This man fascinates me. I can't think of anyone
else alive who has accomplished as much as he has. I grabbed a
used copy on Amazon that was autographed "To Stephanie, We
have a secret, John." Hmm, I wonder if I could white-out
part of the name and then forge "To Steve ..."

I also received Aaron Fisher's Panic. This is the effect
Blaine performed on his last special where he puts 4 Kings
in his back pocket and then visually makes the deck
disappear and change into the 4 Kings, and the deck is now
found in the back pocket.

I watched the Theory 11 video over and over again and was
convinced it used a pull. Boy, did I feel stupid when I
received the gimmick. I am amazed at how good this really
looks and how easy it is to perform. Just takes a little
guts and salesmanship. Very powerful effect. Aaron's video
teaches the nuances very well. You can't go wrong with this
one.

I also received a new Bicycle Guardian deck from Theory 11.
Beautiful cards. Now I just need to break them in and get
some fanning powder so I can start practicing all those
cool fans Ciappi teaches on Extreme Beginnerz 2. Do they
still make Suzzee to powder cards? How do you get your best
results?

Can I assist you in your marketing efforts? Drop me an
email and let's talk!

Stay well,

Steven