Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Riot by Dan Hauss

Morning friends. It's becoming a regular thing for me to surf the magic sites Saturday evenings after the rest of the family has gone to bed. I came across two things that are hot that I wanted to share with you.

The first is called Riot by Dan Hauss, the same guy who brought you the Sleeping Queen. This is an instant download from Theory 11. It's another version of the Elevator where a selected card is seen to slowly rise through the deck.

I watched the video many times and was completely fooled because the illusion, while simple to achieve, is amazing to watch -- in the same way Panic fools you.

You receive a video and a PDF file with full instructions for constructing the simple gimmick. It looks like it should not fool the eye, but I assure you -- I looked at it in the mirror and it does. The kudos to Paul Harris should have tipped the principle being used, but even then I would not have figured it out. For $14.95 this is a good buy.

Much better than Gecko.

The other thing I stumbled upon by accident was something called the Heinstein Shuffle. It's an in the hands riffle shuffle and bridge that resembles a Zarrow -- though it is all done in the hands. This makes it very impromptu and frankly looks great. You can see the video and learn more about it from Penguin.

Until next time,

Steven